1) Participants: Students in grades 9-12 and are eager to explore entrepreneurial dreams, learn about business ideas from Columbia Business School Venture For All(r), and challenge their business abilities.
2) Methods of Participation: Each team consists of 5 student members, and a leader will be responsible to serve as a single point of contact with IEG. A Participant who signs up as an individual, the MEC committee will assign a team for you according to your location. The participant can choose whether to participate or not.
The supervising teacher will be awarded a certificate from Columbia Business School VFA
3) Rules and Regulations: Each team can only submit one business proposal (BP): please refer to the "First Round Guidelines" for BP requirements. Every proposal should be original. If plagiarizing, copying, forging, or any data falsification has been detected, all members of the team will be removed immediately. Participants found to have committed copyright infringement will be disqualified immediately and will forfeit all prizes, including scholarships and/or official certificates. There will be no exceptions.
4) Competition Overview: MEC consists of two parts - First Round and Final Round, please refer to the "First Round Guidelines" and "Final Round Guidelines " sections below.
Each team should come up with an innovative product, or service that focuses on one of the following topics:
1. Network Technology, including IoT
2. Culture and Art
3. Nature and Environment
4. Health and Food
5. Humanities and Education
6. Entertainment and Tourism
7. Engineering Manufacturing
8. Social Development